You will probably know who Jillian Michaels is, a very well known American fitness trainer. With the 30 Day Shred DVD you get to have Jillian Michaels as your very own personal trainer, right in your living room.
Jillian will show you her own exclusive 3-2-1 Interval System which is a combination of cardio, strength and abs to rapidly melt away the calories in a short 30 days.
Included in the DVD are 3 complete 20 minute workouts, starting at the lowest level and progressing through level of intensity. If you follow it for 30 days you should end up at the end with a nice lean and toned body.
How much weight can I expect to lose in the 30 day program?
Some people have lost up to 20lbs in the 30 days with the 30 day shred program – that’s quite a few pounds!! However, how much you lose will of course depend on what you are eating and how much you have to lose in the first place. It is probably best not to purely rely on the scales. Why not measure yourself with a tape measure at the start of the 30 days, places like your waist, hips, thighs, arms and chest? Then at the end of the workout measure again. This is a better judgement of how effective the workout has been.
How hard is the workout?
Each of the 3 levels is 20 minutes in length and will take you through 3 circuits made up of 3 minutes of weights, 2 minutes of cardio work and finally 1 minute of abs work.
Don’t be fooled by the shortness of each workout. Each level is an intense workout designed to really push you and your physical fitness to the limits in the 30 days of the program.
You’ll be constantly working your body as you pump out squats, bum kicks, jumping jacks and not to mention some burpees (amongst other favourites!)
To keep you motivated and interested in the 30 day shred workouts, they change quickly and you are given plenty of encouragement from Jillian.
As with all workouts it is a good idea to go in gently, especially if you haven’t worked out for a while. This DVD isn’t for complete beginners, but is a good place to start for those with a basic level of fitness. As you progress to levels 2 and 3, you will really feel the intensity turn up a notch.
By about day 10 you will really start to notice the difference. Hopefully your body will start to feel stronger and more defined.
Will I have the time – how long is the workout?
Each workout is only 20 minutes long so there really is no excuse for not having enough time to fit one in! Even if you have to get up half and hour earlier to fit it in, do it, you’ll be so pleased with yourself at the end of the 30 days!
- It is a really cheap alternative to the gym. At the time of writing this article it is still very affordable see below for current price.
- Incredibly weight loss can be achieved if following a healthy and balanced diet.
- Great if you are short on time in your day. At only 20 minutes a workout there is no excuse.
- You can get a really lean and toned body in a very short amount of time. Get bikini ready girls.
- Some people have reported that their knees have suffered in the workouts. What we would recommend is to know your limits and spend time getting to know how to do perform each exercise correctly, even if it means doing less in the early days. Make sure your positioning is correct. If in doubt, always consult a doctor.
- You need to use hand weights. There is the very cheap option of filling up an empty plastic bottle with sugar/salt/flour. Or you could invest in some reasonably priced Fitness-Mad Neo Dumbbells – Purple, 1 kg. They don’t need to break the bank.
Summary – Should I Buy Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred?
With such a low price tag and short commitment of time, it is kind of a no brainer. People report amazing results after the 30 days. If anything it can really shake up your fitness routine and help you avoid that horrible plateau/boredom factor setting in.
Just be prepared to work it!
Check out our other reviews >>