Does Insanity Work?
The Insanity Workout by Shaun T is most definitely a one of a kind fitness DVD. The clue is in the name. It isn’t called Insanity for no reason. But, we ask, do you have to be insane to do it?
With incredible results, and photos to back them up, there are not many workouts that can get such results in only 60 days. This certainly isn’t a workout for the fitness shy. You have to be dedicated to the program and be prepared to push yourself beyond your comfort zone to reap the rewards of a lean and muscular body in such a short timeframe.
If you are looking for the best fitness DVD for weight loss and muscle definition combined, Insanity should be number 1 on your shopping list.
- Quick results in just 60 days
- 10 fantastic DVDs with intense workouts to give you your fit and lean new body
- Incredibly high ratings and reviews in Amazon
- Website support
- No exercise equipment required
- Bonus material to help you stay motivated – Insanity Workout Calendar, Insanity Nutrition Guide & a ten minute Quick Start Guide
- A higher price tag than other DVDs (but you do get a program that will produce phenomenal results for a much lower cost than the gym!)
- Not for complete beginners – a basic fitness level and good health is recommended. A great introduction to the 60 days is the Insanity Sanity Check DVD.
Insanity Workout – Before and After…
Of course it is really easy to sing the praises of a fitness workout but you need to see proof. Evidence that investing in this workout, not just financially, but also physically and mentally, will be worth your while. Here are just a few of the before and after photos of people who have completed Insanity;
Photos courtesy of Beach Body
What does the Insanity Workout DVD include?
The DVD box set comes with many extras:
- The Insanity Workout Calendar to track your progress as you complete the 60 day program
- A nutrition manual to help you eat the right foods to gain maximum effectiveness from the workouts
- Fit Test Tracker
10 intense (& insane) workout DVDs:
- Dig Deeper & Fit Test: Shaun T will put your body to the test and see what you’re made of
- Plyometric Cardio Circuit: Burn fat with intervals of intense lower-body plyo and sweat-inducing cardio
- Cardio Power & Resistance: Build lean muscle and upper-body definition with strength-training and insanity workout power moves
- Cardio Recovery: Shaun T goes easier on you once a week so you’re ready for the next Insanity Workout round
- Pure Cardio & Abs: Skip the intervals – this nonstop workout is all extreme
- Cardio Abs: Do explosive intervals of cardio and core moves for rock-hard abs
- Core Cardio & Balance: Take a break after month 1 of the Insanity workout and gear up for month 2 with this workout
- Max Interval Circuit: The interval circuit that’s more intense than anything you’ve ever done before
- Max Interval Plyo: Push your legs ’til they beg for mercy with power and plyo, all at your MAX
- Max Cardio Conditioning & Abs: Get pushed to your limit with this extreme cardio workout
Insanity Nutrition Guide – How much weight will I lose?
A great way to measure how successful the workout has been for you is to take photos along the way. By all means if you want to weigh yourself then go ahead. However, do bear in mind that some people will lose more weight than others. It all depends on how much your body needs to lose in the first place. You are going to be creating a lean and muscular body and we all know that muscle weighs more than fat. Judge your new shape by how your clothes feel and how you feel physically (& mentally.)
Please remember to review what you are eating. The DVD does come with a nutrition manual to give you advice and tips on what to eat. You will not see much weight loss or improvement if you eat the wrong foods and too much of them. Insanity is a highly powerful program but you have to do all parts of it if you want to see results. If you don’t want to follow the nutrition manual then just use common sense. Eat healthy food. Follow a balanced diet that is achievable and can be followed beyond the 60 days. Don’t get into the diet mind set or you’ll feel denied and not keep it up. Keep it simple and eat natural and fresh food as much as you can, allowing for the odd treat here and there!
Is the workout interesting – will I last the 60 days?
Shaun T certainly knows how to motivate you. You will need motivation, determination and focus by the bucket load. You cannot enter this program with a vague commitment to complete it. To reap the benefits that the workouts can potentially offer, you must stick with it and ‘dig deeper.’ You get out what you put in. However, that said, the DVDs provide variety and inspiration which will really help you stick with it. I really like that there is a timer ticking away at the bottom of the screen so you can see how much longer you have to do. The time working out, although really hard, goes surprisingly quickly.
The intensity is definitely revved up in month 2. Be prepared to push your limits even further. The workouts are longer and on some days there are 2 workouts to do (totalling 60 minutes, so still absolutely doable.)
What about the price? Isn’t paying over £100 for a fitness DVD really expensive?
Ok, so yes, there is no getting away from the price. It is in the high end but I don’t think it is overpriced for what you get given and what you get out of it. It is a premium product. It is a proven system that works and produces results for those who follow it correctly. You get 10 fitness DVDS, a nutrition guide, a workout calendar, online motivation – when you break it down, yes it is fantastic value for money. How much is gym membership?
Will I be able to fit it into my day?
One of the showstoppers for getting in shape and improving fitness is the old favourite of lack of time. Yes, I don’t doubt that many people have very busy schedules. Really you need to allow an hour a day to complete the workouts. Can you get up earlier in the morning? Can you perhaps skip an hour of television in the evening. It is only 60 days out of your life, and trust me, you’ll not want to go back to lazy days once you’ve accomplished 2 months on Insanity!
Insanity Workout Calendar
When you buy the Insanity Workout product you will receive many extras, not just a bunch of DVDs. One of the extras is the Insanity Workout Calendar.
The key to successfully completing this program is keeping motivated and inspired to workout when you need to. That is why the Insanity Workout Calendar is a brilliant bonus to receive in your pack.
It is essentially a 60 day wall calendar to guide you on what workouts you need to be doing each day. As you mark off the challenge day by day you will keep yourself on track and on the road to completing the whole challenge.
The Insanity Workout Calendar shows you which exercises you need to be doing each day. Can you imagine if for some reason you start doing the wrong ones? You may end up targeting the wrong parts of your body and put unnecessary strain on them. Not only that, the calendar also gives you advice and tips on how to perform the workouts correctly.
The calendar really is an essential part of the 60 day workout program and one that you should use to ensure you make it all the way through successfully.
If you are you serious about getting in shape and taking it to the next level, then the Insanity Workout is definitely for you. You will see results and have a real sense of achievement on day 60.