Here at Fitness DVD Guide we will guide you through the choices of the most popular workouts currently available on DVD.
With so many to choose from at varying prices, we have researched and produced this buying guide to help you decide which home workout will best suit you.
Working out at home should be fun and of course effective. Different programs will suit people according to what you enjoy doing and what your timetable is like.
Read our trusted reviews and recommendations for the top fitness dvds available on the market today.
Our Pick of the Best Fitness DVDs for 2014
We’ve checked out many of the most popular and reviewed dvds for getting in shape in 2014. Take a look at our current top 5 in our comparison table. Pick the one that best suits your lifestyle and budget. Scroll down further to see further details of each of the chosen dvds and click through for our full and thorough review.
|Image & Price||Name||Details||Rating out of 5|
|Image & Price||Name||Details||Rating out of 5|
|Insanity: The Ultimate Cardio Workout and Fitness DVD Programme.||10 Workout DVDs|
Elite nutrition manual
Fit Test Tracker
Intense 60 day program
|Davina - Fit in 15 [DVD]||1 disc with 4 x 15 mins workouts including:|
|Jillian Michaels: 30 Day Shred [DVD]||The DVD includes three complete 20-minute workouts which progress by level of intensity.||4.7|
|15 Minute Fast Fitness with Jenny Pacey and Wayne Gordon - Body Transformation [DVD]||This DVD contains 3 workouts:|
|X-TrainFit At Home Workout - Women's Complete Fitness - 8 DVDs||A 12 week intense fitness programme spread over 8 dvds.|
Comes with complete 60 page training guide
Reviews of our 5 Best Fitness DVDs
Although the price tag may seem a little on the steep side you need to consider what you are getting for this price. It is not just 1 disc that you will quickly become bored with.
You get 10 discs with a complete 60 day intense program that delivers results you can be proud of.
Think how much you would normally spend on a monthly membership at the gym?
So what exactly do you get?
• Elite Nutrition Manual
• Fitness Guide
• Fit Test Tracker
• Workout Calendar
• 10 Insanity Workout DVDs:
• 1: Dig Deeper & Fit Test: To start, Shaun T will put your body to the test and see what you’re made of.
• 2: Plyometric Cardio Circuit: Burn fat with intervals of intense lower-body plyo and sweat-inducing cardio.
• 3: Cardio Power & Resistance: Build lean muscle and upper-body definition with strength-training and insanity workout power moves.
• 4: Cardio Recovery: Shaun T goes easier on you once a week so you’re ready for the next Insanity Workout round.
• 5: Pure Cardio & Abs: Skip the intervals-this nonstop cardio workout is all extreme.
• 6: Cardio Abs: Do explosive intervals of cardio and core moves for rock-hard abs.
• 7: Core Cardio & Balance: Take a break after month 1 of the Insanity workout and gear up for month 2 with this workout.
• 8: Max Interval Circuit: The interval circuit that’s more intense than anything you’ve ever done before.
• 9: Max Interval Plyo: Push your legs ’til they beg for mercy with power and plyo, all at your MAX.
• 10: Max Cardio Conditioning & Abs: Get pushed to your limit with this extreme cardio workout.
Davina McCall is a great inspiration and role model for many women and mums across the country. Not only does Davina have 3 children and juggle a successful career, she is also in great shape. Davina McCall has a history of great fitness dvds and her latest, Fit in 15, has been met with the same praise.
The DVD consists of 4 main workouts:
Cardio 15 30 second bursts of high intensity training alternated with 15 seconds rest periods, sustained for 15 minutes, make this the ultimate fatburner.
Arms 15 High intensity exercises with weights, alternated with intervals to keep the heart rate high and burn fat – all while you define those delts and banish those bingo wings!
Legs 15 A squat-tastic fifteen minutes of high energy leg exercises, alternated with intervals to make sure you’re fat burning while you’re toning the legs and bum.
Core 15 The focus is firmly on the core here – fifteen minutes of intense abdominals work, both standing and floor based, with weights. Great for toning, and also perfect for helping to maintain a good shape after weight loss.
Followed by some stretches:
Cool Down Stretch As with every workout a cool down stretch is essential.
Relaxation Stretch When you’ve got some more time at the weekends why not include an indulgent stretch and meditation to your workout and relax while the tension goes away.
The 30 Day Shred consists of a 3 x 20 minute workouts created by the well known American Personal Trainer, Jillian Michaels. It is both achievable and effective. Jillian will guide you through the 3-2-1 Interval System that progresses by levels of intensity, combining cardio, strength and abs.
The results are effective with claims of losing up to 20lbs in 30 days. Don’t be fooled though, the workouts are not easy. There are no rest periods, but as the workout is under 30 minutes you’ll be done before you know it!
15 Minute Fast Fitness is brought to you by celebrity personal trainers and world-class athletes Jenny Pacey and Wayne Gordon.
This program trains the whole body with short but intense workouts. The DVD consists of 3 sessions:
1. Swiss Ball An exercise ball works the core and major muscle groups in the body for a really effective workout. They’ll be activating your core, sculpting your body, burning fat and firing your stabilizer muscle.
2. Core Control This workout is designed to flatten your abs, strengthen your back and improve your posture. This will give you that flat tummy or 6-pack you ve always been after!
3. Dynamic Dumbbells One of the best ways to transform your body fast is to do strength training. Create lean, toned muscles and burn calories at the same time, keeping your body fat levels low.
X-TrainFit At Home consists of intense workouts on 8 dvds to be spread out over a 12 week period. They will tone, sculpt and shred fat. Each DVD has an ability level starting at 1 for beginners, reaching 4 for advanced users.
Also included is a complete 60 page training guide, motivational poster, and access to online support from a certified XTF Trainer.
Workouts – 12 Weeks of Intensity
Circuit Burnout is a body sculpting routine that provides a full-body workout using a combination of cardio and toning to get the maximum result. 81 Mins
Cardio an intense cardio workout designed to burn calories and fat. 54 Mins
Hard Core builds the six pack abs that are the billboard for every great looking body. 54 Mins
Chest & Back sculpts the upper-torso into the physique you have always wanted. 63 Mins
XTF Legs strengthens and tones the lower body while building lean muscle. 53 Mins
XTF Arms focuses on building lean and defined arms, as well as toned shoulders. 49 Mins
Yoga builds strength and flexibility in a relaxing and meditative flow that aids in muscle recovery. 42 Mins
Stretch Recover with this rejuvinating session which will aid in muscle recovery and help reduce risk of injury. 26 Mins
At less than £20 this workout plan is a very economical complete resource to get you in shape in just 12 weeks.